Position vacant for mid-level graphic designer
Here at Bright Yellow, we believe that, by connecting people to brands, we can create a brighter world. We specialise in creating strong and successful brands that engage and help the businesses we work for prosper. We offer our clients expert advice paired with design excellence. Regardless of size, we approach each project with the same enthusiasm and personalised service. We value the importance of consistency, creativity, purpose and insight.
Right now, are looking for a people-focused, mid-level designer to join our team and champion our high standards and values. You will have the opportunity of working with a talented team in a supportive and energetic virtual workplace – with the intent to move into a ‘real’ studio later this year. You will be encouraged to grow your skills, be included in key decision-making and have your opinions heard.
In a fast-paced studio, you need to be a self-motivated go-getter who can confidently manage your workload and continue to show initiative in all facets of the role. You must be able to take direction and have the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
You will be working on a variety of projects for a diverse client base. These projects will predominately include logo design and brand execution, document layout, corporate brand collateral, digital campaigns and templated websites. Creative copywriting and content creation experience are also highly favourable.
You will need to be able to manage multiple projects at once and deal directly with our clients and suppliers. Therefore, you must be extremely organised and have excellent time management and communication skills.
We are particularly interested in candidates who send folios showcasing strong logo design along with corporate layout and brand application design. We are looking for a designer who has an eagle-eye for detail, so perfectionists are most welcome!
It will also be advantageous for you to have experience in designing and building websites in WordPress (or other similar platforms) or have a keen interest in up-skilling in this area.
- A minimum of three years experience in the graphic design industry (preferably in an agency environment)
- Tertiary qualifications in graphic design or relevant applied technical training.
- Strategic and creative thinking with a keen interest in customer experience and design for a purpose
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage simultaneous projects
- The ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task and ensure delivery of creative work is within budget
- Super speed, accuracy and attention to detail in all aspects of your job
- The ability to create and supply print ready finished art or web-ready files
- Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Cloud applications (in a Mac environment) with advanced skills in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Expertise in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Digital design experience (preferably in WordPress) or a hunger to learn
- A happy and positive attitude with a great work ethic
- Good at customer service and building long-term relationships
- A love for paragraph styles and perfect file set-up
Salary will be dependent on experience and skill level. The successful applicant will have a fantastic opportunity to become a valued member of our friendly, hard-working and supportive team—role to commence ASAP.
So if you think you could be our next bright spark, please send us your resume including a link to your website. Shortlisted applicants may be required to complete a short test and will have references checked. Interviews will be via Zoom. Applications close Sunday 11 October.
Any questions? Call us on 07 3367 0394 or email hello@brightyellow today!